Well, I survived another birthday party. Since Linc arrives on Leila's birthday on Monday, I decided to hold a party for Leila this morning and invite all the moms from my Tuesday mom's group that I've been a part of and have really loved. It was a Little Miss/Mr. Men theme, and it was actually a lot of fun.
I can't take any credit for the cupcakes (although I did make the toppers). Once again, I could play the "I don't have an oven" card so I enlisted Jocelyn's help and they turned out far better than I could have ever done! Tasty AND colorful! It was extremely difficult for Annika and Leila to decide which color and which character they wanted, and they changed their minds several times daily leading up to the party.
You can't easily find party supplies in Hong Kong which forced me to be a little more creative. The kids got to make their own party hats. I had color-photocopied the cover of the books and cut out templates from card stock. They could choose which character they wanted and decorated them with stickers. It was a hit- it worked well for their age group and there were more girls than boys at the party, which probably helped because I have noticed that Leila's little boy friends aren't very into crafts and coloring the way Annika and Leila are!
Once again I missed having my mom and her camera there because I wasn't able to get many pictures and in every one someone is looking really crazy. I'm sure Grace would be mortified to see this picture, but Leila looks cute and I like it that it shows the cool view from the clubhouse window.
Total chaos! I have a whole series of these pictures and they are hilarious!
All in all it was a good party, and it was fun to get together since our group ended two weeks ago and it's likely the last we'll be seeing of most of these people until after summer. Leila's a lucky girl to have made lots of little friends her age this year and we were glad they could celebrate with us!




It looks like a fun party! Good job! And, yes, I wish I could have been there with my camera. Happy Birthday Miss Leila!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea for the Little Miss/Mr. Men party...I might just have to steal that one for next year!! You did an awesome job!! Annika and Leila are getting so big; we can't wait to see all of you in just over 3 weeks...the countdown is on! Happy Birthday Miss Leila!
ReplyDeleteIt would have been so much fun to be at this party and I can almost hear the exciting chatter and laughter that would have taken place! What a great theme! Sarah, your creativity is amazing!
ReplyDelete