Friday, June 15, 2012

Annie's grad

 I will post pictures of the fun we're having with Uncle Linc, but first I wanted to put up pictures of Annika's kindergarten graduation ceremony. It is so hard to believe that she is done school. Wow, that was a fast year! At this rate, grade 12 will be here before I know it!
 Annika and her lovely teacher Mrs. Ganbaatar. 
 Annie's friend Miyu. 
 Annika told me she had to read a verse, but she made it seem like it was with a group of kids. It was a group who did the readings, but her part was reading together with Ashley Psalm 139:13. They both were loud and clear. What a great little surprise!
 The class then sang "Yesterday's Dream" which we've been hearing her sing for weeks. Funny story: at one point Annika wanted us to find it on the computer, and I told her that we didn't have it, thinking that they were probably learning from a CD at school. She said "Oh no, Mom. Mrs. Kong says it's really easy to find on YouTube." haha... what do you say after that?! So we've watched many versions on Youtube and heard her sing it so many times that I've heard Leila singing it to herself. But it was still great to hear the whole class. 
 And then they danced a little number to a Hillsong kid's worship song. 
 After that, "prestigious" awards were given out. First for perfect attendance, which no one in P3G had, and then a music award, a Mandarin award, and the "Good Samaritan" award. Finally an award was given for the student who had shown the most improvement academically and socially throughout the year. And look who's name was called! I love Ruby cheering her on behind shell-shocked Annie. She deserves it though- it is mind-blowing her far she has come- both socially and academically- since she she started kindergarten!


Mike was able to get his classes covered so he could come (it was in the morning). That was nice!


 Linc took these pictures and I meant to get one with him in it too, but we must have gotten distracted. It was pretty special that he could be there too!
 Annie and her best pal, Brigitta. 
(Brigitta was the proud recipient of the Mandarin award) 

Way to go, class of 2012! Catch ya again in 2024... 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing, wonderful, beautiful and superb photos!! Great job, Linc! We're soooooo proud of you, Annika ---- congratulations on winning your special award. Your gown looked so great on you! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun photos! Yeah Annie!!!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete