Thursday, November 3, 2011

three months

Yesterday (November 3) was our three month anniversary of being in Hong Kong. It is mostly significant because in those first stressful 7-10 days, we kept telling each other, that if we could make it to three months, we can look back and things will be a lot better. Mike kept talking about finding an equilibrium. Really, those first days and weeks were not that great. They were draining physically and emotionally. And financially. It was expensive getting set up! We didn't meet or talk to anyone besides Mr. Yip for a whole week, and getting our housing and banking sorted out was really stressful. Plus, I lost my purse/wallet on Day 2, and that didn't help things either! So we just kept looking ahead to three months and hoped that things would look up.
And they did. So much earlier than three months, too. I think once Mike and Annika were settled in school and Leila and I got into a routine, and we started meeting more than just one person, things got a lot better. I think it probably took 6 weeks. So thanks for those of you who prayed for us in this transition because it had it's ups and downs, but we've seen a lot of prayers answered.
When I told Annika that it had been three months since we got here, she said "that's it?". I wonder if in their minds it seems like we've been here forever!

And... some pictures of today with Leila. She was reading so nicely to her little doll, Samantha.
We bought Samantha (Leila named her after a little girl from church) with birthday money from Grandpa Erwin because none of our dolls came with us to Hong Kong. Samantha goes lots of places with us these days.

We made a deal- if Leila let me take some pictures of her, she could take some of me. So that's how it worked.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good deal for Little Miss Cooperation! Let's see the pics she took :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I would like to see the photos she took of you. Annie was quite the photographer there for a while. Love the feet photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those eyes...cute photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so unbelievably beautiful!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete