Chinese foot massage
Every other month or so the women in the Tuesday morning mom's group I've been going to goes out on a Friday night together. Yesterday, instead of going for dinner or coffee, the Friday night activity was getting foot massages. I was curious what that would be like, but not sure if I would actually like it. I don't like head massages at all. I like shoulder massages and always get Mike to massage my shoulders as hard as he can when I'm stiff and tense. I've only ever had two "real" massages before- one in Thailand when I was really sunburned, so it hurt too much to enjoy, and one when I was pregnant with Annika and I did like it- because it meant I could lie on my stomach.
I thought it was a fun experience to get a foot massage at a local place, but I don't think it's anything I would do again on my own! Val and I both had men, which seemed kind of sketchy compared to the women. My guy was really sketchy. Look at him! What a joker. He thought it was funny if I said it hurt. And it did! They pounded on our heels and calves, pulled our toes and twisted our feet. I guess some people like it, or maybe it's supposed to be good for you. Val and I giggled through the whole thing, and she was pretty sure she was going to have bruises the next day.

Look at this guy pounding the heck out of Val's calves. It was only about $12 for an hour, so that's pretty cheap. Maybe I can find a pedicure place instead!
Even though it wasn't my cup of tea (actually we had to soak our feet in tea before they started the massage), I have to admit it was still fun I am just so very grateful for new friends, and social opportunities!
I think I'd be so traumatized by people touching my feet a lot. You're a brave lady.
ReplyDelete