When we saw that the forecast today was sunny and +30, we thought we better take advantage and head to the beach! It gets cooler this week- *only* highs of 23, and rainy. When we went to Lamma Island last Saturday, we saw how easy it would be to get to other islands because the ferries all leave from the same place. So we decided to check out Cheung Chau Island since we knew there was a beach there, and thought it would be easy to find. It's even smaller than Lamma Island, and is similar to Lamma in that there are no cars or roads. Just lots of bicycles! The island used to be a refuge for pirates. It is also famous for a bun festival that takes place in the spring.
We really liked Cheung Chau. Dare I say better than Lamma? I don't know... maybe it's because it was so sunny and we were all in great moods (not always the case on these day trips, I must admit). It also seemed a bit more open, and slightly more touristy, but not in a bad way. In any case, it was a really good day. The girls slept on the 1/2 hour ferry ride there, so they had lots of stamina to make it through the day, and I think they had a fun day.
Annika and Mike enjoyed swimming, but there were strong waves (lots of people go to windsurf), so Leila and I stayed near the shore.


So funny...Leila noticed a girl was burying her boyfriend in the sand and stood and watched for a long time. Eventually Annika quietly moved in and began to help. She figured they needed her efforts too, I guess. After a while, Leila got brave and helped pat down the sand too. We're wondering if we can do that to Uncle Lincoln in Bali???

I saw so much beauty everywhere I looked. I loved the bright colors- so much yellow everywhere!
Annika took the photos of me and Mike and the one of Leila (we just had our old little point-and-shoot along this time). She knows how to do a really cool photography trick where she gets Leila to jump up and down and then covers the flash with her fingers!

I'm convinced! I just need to figure out the $$ and the time frame! I have a L'arche friend who uses blogger and she just posted her 300 (!!) wedding pics into a slide show. The thumbnails were along the bottom so I just looked at some random ones. Can you do that when you've got lots of photos to share?
ReplyDeleteI seriously would love to visit.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your last 2 posts. You take fantastic photos! Even with your point and shoot. Plus....HECK YA we want to visit you. Maybe some day. Guess what? There's a light dusting of snow on the ground way over here in High River. Yep, snow. And you guys are swimming in the ocean! Fantastic! (For you, of course.) I hope you're having a good Sunday morning, and we'll chat soon.
ReplyDelete