I'm sure it would be an interesting blog if Mike wrote about his time at grade six camp since he's a whole lot more witty than I am, but it's probably not going to happen. I uploaded his pictures, though, in case anyone is interested in what this Bible camp in Sai Kung looked like in the day time (it looks much nicer than when it's raining and dark out!). 



A praying mantis... up close and personal!
(Mom, that's Ami in the yellow kayak. She was one of the four staff who went on the trip)

That's what the cabins looked like from the outside.
On Friday I went along on Annika's fieldtrip. It was Sport's Day at the school, so the five kindergarten classes went to Tai Po Waterfront Park for a day of outdoor activities. 
I
t was raining when we arrived, so they had their morning snack under a shelter. Also, thanks to the rainy days, for the first time we needed socks, pants, sweaters, etc. It's warmed up again since, but I was pretty cold the whole day- the coldest it's been since we arrived.
Annika enjoying a fish ball that her classmate was so kind to share during lunch time. 

Playing games on a big field of real grass!

The view from a lookout tower you could walk up.
By lunch it was very crowded! School groups were everywhere! Many parents came out and joined their kids for this day. I'm glad I invited Annika's classmates and their families to her birthday party because now I know several of them, and everyone is so kind and friendly! I'm pretty much the only one who brings a younger sibling because we don't have many options for childcare at this point (we miss you, Grandma Janzen!), but the other moms are always trying to help me with the stroller, etc. and it's really nice. 
I
t's neat to see Annika with her friends. But I always come home from her fieldtrips exhausted and have a whole new respect for kindergarten teachers!!!
What a beautiful, colorful campground and so clean! The benches reminded me of Becker's in Jasper!
ReplyDeleteLooks like everyone enjoyed the field trip -- complete with Palm trees, ocean and mountains! Wow!
Looks like fun! Especially that climbing wall!
ReplyDelete