Monday, August 22, 2011

Weather You Like it Or Not

It is pretty hot in Hong Kong. Every day the high is around 32 and the low is 28. Apparently this isn't even bad- it can be worse! It's very humid, so if we're out for any amount of time we get really sweaty. I'm surprised that only one day has been rainy. A handful of other days it has completely poured for about half an hour or so and then cleared up. Luckily we were never caught outside when that happened! otherwise, we've enjoyed lots of blue skies and sunny weather.

But, even though it looks sunny, I don't feel that motivated to be outside with the girls during the day because it's so hot. The evenings, though, are great. It's a nice temperature and I like going for walks exploring our neighbourhood. The heat can be unbearable, but Mike and I have talked about -35 compared to +35. Which is better? Hands down we would rather have the heat!
It will be nice when it gets a bit cooler. And we keep hearing that it gets cool in the winter, but I still want to see for myself! We'll just have to go somewhere warm for Christmas, then! :)

6 comments:

  1. I would prefer the cold for sure! 35 is too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, okay...that worked. But why can't I be me? I've tried to say, at least 4 times, that I'm with you on this one. Yesterday it was +34 here and I was thinking 'what a nice day'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay that works... I used to have to sign in to my Google account and now, that takes me round and round in circles. But, at least I figured out how to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Now it's still showing that you had commented... oh well, at least you figured it out! And Aaron... I agree that 35 is too hot, but I'm still going to argue that -35 poses a lot more problems than +35. But after another sweaty day I will be glad to see it get a bit cooler!

    ReplyDelete