Get this... we get our groceries delivered to us! You can set up an account with ParknShop- a Hong Kong grocery chain, and if you spend $500 HKD, which is about $65, you can have free delivery. You just select what you want online, and choose the window of time that works for delivery (ie. between 2-6pm, or 7-10pm), and there you have it... they bring it right to to your door!
So gone are those Superstore trips of trying to keep the kids happy with promises of cookies, bagging the groceries as they whimper and whine and get chocolate chips all over their face, and then still having to haul the groceries first into the car, and then into the house. And... how much easier is it to stick to your list when you're not having to push the cart past the chip aisle?! And there's no Joe Fresh here anyway, so that saves you time and money as well! :) I just won't think about all those cute clothes I'm missing out on.
UNFORTUNATELY... Park and Shop doesn't have the variety of food that Superstore does. I'm still trying to figure out what I can make with the groceries that are here, and with only a stove, but I was worried about how we'd manage even getting our groceries without a car. Back in the Korea days, we'd always bring our backpacks and have a few bags in each hand, but this time we have kids to hold, so now I don't have to wonder how to lug jugs of water or big packages of toilet paper up to our apartment.
I was really excited when I found out about this, and I intend to make good use of my ParknShop account!
No comments:
Post a Comment