Thursday, January 31, 2013

This is what January 31 looks like in Hong Kong...

 I'm not sure why, but we rarely venture down to the clubhouse these days. I find the time goes by so fast from after school until bedtime, and the girls don't ask to go lately, so we don't think to take them. But this afternoon when Leila suggested we go down to play, I couldn't even remember the last time we'd been. So I grabbed the camera, and we all enjoyed the sunshine while they wore off some steam. 






 Last week Annika lost another one of her top teeth, so now she has a row of three that are out. She's been toothless since summer! Where are those front teeth? Should I be worried?
 This is Leila's grin lately. She looks like such a goof! 



 Yup, January 31!!! This year we've noticed that December was much colder than it was last December, but this January was waaaaaaay warmer than last year. And way sunnier. Last year was very drizzly, grey, and cold. Now I'm curious how this February will compare to last February. My hopes are up for nice weather, at least while Rita is in town. No rain, please!
 


 We often reflect on how blessed we are to be living in this mild climate. We are not taking it for granted, and are trying to enjoy every minute! I'm sure there will be many cold, snowy winters ahead of us, so it was so nice to enjoy this beautiful last day of January!

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to imagine a January where kids can play outside and where beautiful flowers are blooming. You are truly blessed! We're still in the throngs of frigid temperature doldrums. The girls' pictures are beautiful! Miss you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as cold here but still far from pretty. We seem to alternate between a bit of snow and cold, slush and muck, and grey and coldish. It's always great to see new pics. Miss you all too!

      Delete
  2. Love the sisters photos... and somebody *is* wearing the panda shirt with the bling! Fun...

    ReplyDelete