I'm always really impressed with people who are creative at coming up with costumes for Halloween or costume parties, etc. That's not something I am very good at, or care that much about. So when Mike and Annika told me that this month's "Fun Day" was "Dress Up As Your Favorite Movie Character OR Bible Character", I just thought "oh goodness... how and where am I supposed to come up with costumes when we don't really have anything that looks like a movie character OR a Bible character?"
I don't think Mike is all that gifted in creative costuming either, so we both chose to put it out of our minds until the evening before this aforementioned "Fun Day". So, we ended up making a quick trip to the Mong Kok market and ducked into the first stall that had anything remotely costume-ish. Out came a Fantastic Mr. Fox and a stunning Cinderella. Done and done!
But the best line of the day came from Leila when I was helping Annika get her Cinderella costume on, and I was saying to her how lucky she was to have this pretty costume and how much I would have liked something like that when I was six. Leila turned to me and said "You mean there wuh no stow-ahs (stores) when you were six? Just a dusty old fah-wam (farm)?" That really made me LOL, even though it was only about 6:30 in the morning!


Lol. Please tell Leila that farm life really wasn't all THAT primitive and that you WERE blessed with a mom who made costumes -- just not a Cinderella costume! Miss you all!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! :)
ReplyDeleteSo impressed that you were able to get two great looking costumes together the night before (not to mention giving names to Stunning Cinderella and Fantastic Mr. Fox)!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you had to walk up hill both ways, right?
ReplyDelete