Anyway, yesterday was the long-awaited Mother's Day tea with the kindergarten classes at CAIS. As I mentioned on FB, Annika was SO excited for it, and trying very hard to keep everything secret. Each of the five kindergarten classes did something. Annika's class did actions to "The Power of Your Love", which explains why she's been humming it for the past couple of weeks. It was really sweet.
After all the classes had performed, they all gathered on the stage and had two poems and a song with their Mandarin teacher. That is one area where Annie's anxiety gets the best of her, and she said she was too shy to sing/recite, but she had told me the poems and sang the song at home, and even though I don't understand a word she is saying, it sounds believable to me! I love hearing her speak in Mandarin!
This is Annika's class and all the mom's gathered at the end for a group picture.
Annika posing by her flower.
Yikes... it's a bit shorter than I envisioned and Mike hasn't even seen it yet, so hopefully he'll like it. But she still looks cute, doesn't she?



Great to read about the Mother's Day tea! Was there a video? Love Leila's new haircut. She looks so grown up with shorter hair. The only change I can see re blogger is that the photos at the beginning change sizes and I wondered if you meant them to. Two small, two big, three small.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I forgot to mention the video! Yes, her class had a video of each student saying "I love you, Mommy" and then a separate time saying "I love you because...". Annika's was "I love you because you take me to Disneyland".
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you can choose the sizes of pictures, so actually posting might be even simpler, but uploading pictures was slightly different it took me a while to get the pictures to go in order.
Thanks Sarah for the new post. I can appreciate how time consuming it is when changes are introduced. The Mother's Day tea looks like it was VERY special! It will be great to hear Annika say her poem in Mandarin when you come back. Leila's haircut suits her to a tee! The stylist knew how to make that cowlick look even cuter. Wow---didn't realize she had turned so blonde! Great pictures!
ReplyDelete