When I bought our tickets for the first time we went to Disneyland, I looked into getting year passes, but saw that the 365 day "Magic Access Pass" was really expensive. There are weekday passes that cost less than the price of going twice, but I didn't think that seemed like a good deal either because you can't use them on weekends, and there are blackout dates during holidays. My friend Jocelyn has one, and it makes sense for her because Rachel is still free since she is two, so she takes her to Disneyland literally once a week! We have a standing invitation to join them, but I'd have to pay full price for a ticket for me and for Leila, and Annika would be bummed if went without her, so we've never taken her up on the offer.
But we were thinking about going to Disneyland during spring break, and I know it's on my mom's list for when she comes in October, so I went back to the website and looked closer at the dates for the weekday pass. It turns out that despite the blackout dates, there still are dates during all of our holidays this next year that would work to go. And Leila and I can now join our friends during the week, and if Linc wants to go when he comes, we can. There are also a few weekend dates throughout the year that are open with this pass. And how often do you live in a place with a Disneyland? May as well take advantage!
So I reserved passes online and we "just" needed to pick them up at the ticket booth when we arrived.
Well... I guess our first clue should have been that the train to Disneyland was probably three times as crowded as when we went on that Saturday in September. Yikes! We finally got off the train and the line was sooooo long to get tickets! If only we'd picked up our passes the day before at one of the locations in Kowloon we could have just skipped ahead, and from now on, we can just skip ahead (they actually scanned our fingerprints, so that's what we'll do from now on!), but instead we had to stand in line fooooorrrrrrevvvvvveeeeerrrrr. Clearly the park was busier than usual thanks to Spring Break and Easter!
We finally got in, and went to one of the rides that we hadn't done last time- the Space Orbit, or something like that. It was another long wait, but this time Leila was excited about it instead of scared.
After that we met up with Jocelyn and Rachel who decided to join us, even though they'd just been on Tuesday (they really love Disneyland!), and we decided to go meet some of the characters. We chose Pinnochio because it was the shortest line up!After that, we had to once again get in line so we could see the showing of "The Golden Mickeys"- (Disneyland's take on the Academy Awards) which was something else we hadn't had time for last time. It's in Cantonese, which is why we opted out last time, but there are lots of Disney songs with all the characters, so the girls loved it. The funny thing is, they've barely even watched any actual Disney movies, and Mike and I are really out of date as well. They showcased Lilo and Stitch, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, and Tarzan and we haven't seen any of those ones!
We came out of the Golden Mickey's to find out that it had started to rain while we were watching, and quite hard, too! What??? That wasn't in the forecast! So we hurried into "It's a Small World" which the girls were set on doing so we could stay dry.
Such a classic! They love it as much as I did when I was four! BTW, Mike says he was posing for me when I snapped that picture. It wasn't actually because he was so taken by the tulips in Amsterdam. 

Sounds crazy! I don't blame Leila for freaking out about Pinnochio. He looks terrifying.
ReplyDelete