Monday, April 9, 2012

Adventures in Sai Kung Part 2

We haven't really given Sai Kung much of our chance since our initial encounter during Mike's grade 6 camp. We figured spring break would be the perfect time to return and meander through the cute little "town" of Sai Kung. We started off with lunch at Paisano's Pizza. We've eaten at two other locations of Paisano's in HK, and it's massive pizza slices haven't let us down yet! Mike was still able to manage the big piece with a sleeping girl in his arms!
What we didn't try were all the fresh seafood restaurants located along the marina. We need to be more adventurous, but all the squid and shells just don't look appetizing to us. I'm sure there's something that's good, but we need to know what it is. Maybe Linc will try when he comes. He's brave when it comes to food!


Annie's not looking at the camera because it's too sunny. It's been so grey for so long that we've all turned into vampires and our eyes can't handle the sun when it comes out.

Here's an example of all the fresh seafood. You can choose what you want, and they'll cook it up for you.
This place looked interesting... a little taste of home... haha!
Always a temple to explore...

Inside the temple.

Some of the detailing on the outside...


So pretty and green.
Mom, look what I found! I've never seen a Curves in Hong Kong, but there does seem to be a lot of expats in Sai Kung. You can even go have a "taste of France in Hong Kong" when you're finished your workout.



Ending off with some playground time.
I'm procrastinating packing. Tomorrow we head to "the mainland" for a circus, zoo safari and crocodile adventure...We're only gone for one night, so packing shouldn't be hard, but that's exactly what's making it hard. The weather has been unpredictable. Grey skies can mean so many things... wet, cold, hot, damp. Anyway... will post when we return if we don't get eaten by a white tiger.

3 comments:

  1. Arggg... I wrote a comment and then it disappeared.

    Great pics, as usual. I chuckled at the Curves photo. Maybe I should do a workout just so I can say I did? (And bring a photo back for the gals at 'my' Curves.) Nice shirts, girls :-) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm caught up with you guys again. It looks like you are having many fun adventures! And the weather looks great again! I am home alone for the entire day/night as Kev and the kids are in BC and I came home early to work. This is the first time this has happened in about 5 years! It feels weird, but I'm living it up as a "bachelor". I haven't even done dishes since yesterday! Anyway, I look forward to your next posts, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one BIG piece of pizza! Looks beautiful. Not the pizza, although that does too, but the other pictures. They look beautiful. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete