I was sorry I had missed it, but not sorry to have missed out on the crazy food. I'm not sure I could have handled it!
On Saturday we decided to check out an area of Hong Kong called Stanley since it was recommended to us by a few different people. It is located on the very south part of HK Island, so it took a while to make it out there (it was two bus rides, so between an hour and two hours). We could see why people like it- it has a resort-like feel to it with beaches and restaurants along the water. There are some nice areas to walk around, and a temple and some historic buildings. Oh yeah, and a market that sold clothes, bags, souvenirs, art work, shoes, etc. I would have liked to have spent lots of money there, but I refrained.
I was disappointed when we got there to find out that we had lugged our big camera there and the batteries were dead! So Mike took a couple with his cell phone and that's all we have! We'll have to go back... we thought it was really nice, and of course I kept seeing photo opts everywhere since I didn't have my camera.
While we were there, we ran into a family from our building, and also that "new-to-HK" family that we'd been out for lunch with at church the previous Sunday. That's crazy! Doesn't Hong Kong have millions of people that live here? Maybe it's not that big after all...


(Annie in the door of a temple)
This Sunday we went to our third church, Kowloon ECC. It was a good service- not as flashy maybe as the other two. We're getting a bit tired of church shopping. I think now we'll go back to the first two one more time, and then hopefully we'll know what's right for us.
After church we were looking for somewhere we could go for lunch and ended up in a mall, and went up to the third floor where restaurants were located, and who did we see but.... Mr. Maker! This will only mean something to you if you watch Treehouse. He has a show (called Mr. Maker) where he makes cool crafts. It's produced by the BBC, so I think it's popular in Britain. Although evidently it's also popular in Hong Kong? We could see that he was doing a little show and kids were making crafts, so we watched for a bit, but then a guy approached us and said that you have to register for the show, but he'd be doing another one in half an hour, and there were some empty spots if we were interested (no cost either). So we went and had lunch, and then the girls made a spider with Mr. Maker! Haha... I didn't think that's what we would be doing today! They also got some loot bags with some great craft materials that kept them busy all afternoon when Mike went back to the school to get ready for this next week.


How cool is that? We'll have to watch Mr. Maker more often and see if we can spot the girls. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a nice week.
I don't know who Mr. Maker is but he looks nice. Was it filmed? Will Annika and Leila be TV stars?
ReplyDeleteMr. Maker does look nice! I thought the same thing! That's such a fun surprise!
ReplyDelete