Last week I had the joy of turning another year older. It's pretty sweet because my birthday falls on Hong Kong Labour Day so we've always had the day off (along with the rest of Hong Kong!). The last two years we've spent it at the beach. Our very first year was actual beach weather, but last year we just decided to go anyway, even though it was cool and grey. This year the forecast looked too wet to even try, so Phoebe came up with alternate plans. Nothing like celebrating your birthday in style at the W Hotel! How am I so lucky?!
Annika was ready to dig into the buffet. By the end of the evening she was lying on the bench in a bit of a food coma! I really should have taken a picture of the food. It was a seafood lovers paradise- lobster, crab, sushi, sashimi, mussels, salmon, snapper and more! Even though I'm not so much of a seafood connoisseur, there were still many other tasty things to sample- salads, cheeses, Haagan Daaz, yum yum YUM! We love our friends too and are going to miss them soooooo much! We prayed for new friends when we moved to Tsing Yi, and those prayers were answered, and probably in a way we weren't expecting.
And... ending this post with two conversations with this little monkey that made us chuckle.
Convo Number One:
Leila: I wish I was alive during Jesus' time. Because then I could see what he looked like. And he loves kids!
Me: yeah, that would be neat, wouldn't it?
Leila: Actually, I WISH I was Jesus!
Me: Oh really? So you would like to die on the cross?
Leila: Uh... actually I wish I was GOD!
(ha! we left it at that).
Convo Number Two:
Leila: Sometimes I pick up dead cockroaches with my bare fingers, not even using a tissue! [true story, wish it wasn't!]
Mike: Wow! You're not afraid of anything!
Leila: That's because monsters are not real and dinosaurs are dead!
For sure! Awesome friends. What a lovely birthday greeting on your cake!
ReplyDelete