Another Beach Post...
This weekend we finally had some actual beach weather, so we packed up our stuff and headed back to Lantau Island for another beach day. This time, we went with some friends, and they showed us their favorite beach- Cheung Sha. I've seen Cheung Sha from the bus as we've traveled to other parts of Lantau Island and always thought it looked fabulous, but wasn't sure what exact beach I was looking at and how we could get there ourselves. Well, I'm glad we had some seasoned Chueng Sha beach-goers to show us, because it ranks right up there with one of the best beaches in Hong Kong that we've been to. I loved how open the view is- it's on the very southern part of Lantau Island. What are we looking at? I don't know... I just glanced at our world map. I guess maybe towards the Philippines? I don't know why, it's probably kind of weird, but I'm on an ocean shore, I like to envision what country or region lies beyond the expanse of water.



I am very glad to know about this beach, and it really isn't that difficult to get there from our new place in Tsing Yi. At least not compared to how long of a trip it would have been from Kowloon. The sand was really fine and white and for being such nice weather on a Sunday (which is when most HKers take the time to relax) it was a lot less crowed than you would find at a beach on Hong Kong Island. The kids had a lot of fun climbing and jumping off the sand banks.
 |
| Me and Em |
We ended off our time with a dinner at a South African restaurant located right on the beach. A special treat to have an ocean view with your meal. We didn't try the ostrich on the menu this time, though.
One final glimpse of this lovely place as the sun was setting and we headed to the bus stop to make our way home...
So jealous.
ReplyDelete