evening walk
The other evening after a warm day that felt like spring (but it got cold again), we went on an after supper walk. Mike had discovered this little playground, but the rest of us hadn't been there. You had to walk up these stairs up the edge of a small mountain (hill?).
And at the top... GRASS! What a treat for after all that exercise! Look how it's so grey. We haven't seen the sun in a long time. I keep reminding myself that I'd rather have grey than snow. I really would. ("Rain and grey would be welcome and preferably/melt away my frozen tears/ I'd rather be/ with an umbrella walking down the street.") But good thing the multi-vitamins I give the girls have some Vitamin D in them!
Here's some rickety steps leading up to nowhere. There were signs that we weren't allowed to use them.
And here's the view of where we came from. That big apartment complex is called Celestial Heights, and I wish we could live there. But we can't afford it- the rent is really high, but the flats are also (apparently) huge. It's a new building, and there's a shopping complex at the bottom of it which is where I always go to do my grocery shopping. And it's where the girls have their ballet lessons. There's also a dim sum place that I'd like to try, but (apparently) Mike is not a fan of dim sum. It doesn't fill him up. Well... anyway....
So at the top of this mountain, the girls became fast friends with this little guy, and he became fast friends with Mike. With the exception of his own daughters, I've never seen a baby take to Mike the way this boy did! He was like a puppy who wouldn't leave you alone. He kept toddling up to Mike and want to be picked up. Then the five or so ladies standing around would all cackle and laugh, and the one (I assume was his grandma) would come and take him back. 
But it was no use. As soon as his grandma would put him back down, he'd be right back to where Mike was, wanting to be picked up again. Also, it was funny to me that he was wearing a snow suit when it was really quite warm out! 
The whole thing got a little awkward because as soon as Mike would appease the little guy and pick him up, his grandma would come take him back, and it just continued like that until we left. And then he howled and was so sad. It made us wonder what kind of male involvement was happening in his life for him to have that kind of reaction. But it was still a nice walk and we continued up more steps and were rewarded with a tennis court at the top. And bathrooms.
Here the girls are modeling their new shirts, hairbands and butterfly toys from Grandma and Grandpa Janzen! They love everything you sent! Thank-you!
I think that little boy was The Drummer Boy seen here
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_CHayG1XA&feature=youtu.be
What do you think?
(Cute story...btw. I hope we can take some interesting walks when we come to visit!)
Mike thinks that boy will have hearing loss!
ReplyDeleteAnd our walks will be to even more interesting places than this when you come!
ReplyDeleteHow special to find this park with an open grassy area! I can almost hear the girls squealing with delight as they run! We're still dreaming of green grass.....Yes, the little boy does look a lot like the one Ruth refers to.
ReplyDelete