Sunday, January 22, 2012

photo shoot

Yesterday we headed to Kowloon Walled City to attempt to take some family photos to make a New Year's photo card since I didn't get around to making one for Christmas. I made one and ordered it, and once they arrive, I will send them out. But it was a glorious day to take photos, and the girls were cooperating, and I was happy that we had lots of shots to choose from, so I decided to post the "left-overs". It helps that the Walled City is SUCH a gorgeous setting to be in! Also, it was nice and sheltered from the cold wind, and now the temperatures have dropped and will be cold for the rest of the week, so we were lucky we went out when we did!


(year of the Dragon shot!)

(and I don't even have an iPhone... haha)


When our friend Matthew fixed our computer, he was kind enough to put Aperture on for me, and I just discovered how to use some of the settings. Otherwise, I don't really know what I'm doing in Aperture, but it seems fun!
Thanks to our dear friend Jocelyn for being the photographer of the family shots!


Annie was born in the Year of the Dog.
As we left the Walled City to head to a playground as a reward for cooperation we came across this man walking around playing some Chinese tunes. He stopped and played for us, and then played for the girls "It's a Small World after all", which they recognized and loved.

Then, he took out some origami paper and tore little animals for each of the three girls. What a nice guy!


(I love this one!)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! And these are the 'leftovers'??? Can't wait to see the good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are amazing guys! I love the colours and all the great smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are very, very special! The girls look so cute in their outfits and the candid photos are priceless! I especially like the girls' expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These family pictures are LOVELY! I love the colours and the smiles :). The Happy New Year one in the mail is wonderful! Thank you so much! The pose is great and the girls look so happy. Very nice choice.

    I love the picture of Leila on the bridge. She is such a character:)

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the fantastic pictures! You guys all look great, and I love all the colours. Happy CNY (I guess I'm probably a little late with that)!

    ReplyDelete