~ I thought that if we got moving out of the way at the end of June, we would have July to relax and say our good-byes. I envisioned day trips, bike rides doing some of our favorite summer outings like taking the LRT to the wading pools at the legislature. I also envisioned warm summer weather (get it together, Edmonton weather!). There has been some of this, and our week away was fabulous. But tying up loose ends to get ready to leave has been way more tedious than I thought it would be. Each item on my to-do list seems to have so many components that it takes forever to check off. One example- trying to get dentist appointments out of the way before we leave. Now Mike and I both have to return tomorrow to get cavities filled. YUCK!
~ the girls are adjusting to living in their grandparent's house so well. They don't really seem to miss their old house and old life. Also, for the most part, they are going to bed easier here and sleeping really well. Especially Annika. Leila seems to like her little "cave" (she sleeps in a playpen that she barely fits in, in a closet). I that their good sleeping is a sign of things to come in Hong Kong!
No comments:
Post a Comment